Monday, June 21, 2010

Here we go...

...with the weight loss/dieting day 1. I have been one of those lucky mom's that still has the dreaded "baby weight" that will continue to be a constant struggle to lose/keep off.

...with the beginning of a busy week. Dentist cleanings, swimming lessons, baseball games and practices are going to fill up every spare moment of our lives this week.

...with my desire to get the painting done in our house yet the lack of time and sore muscles keep me on the sidelines.

Here we go.

So today I start with my low (to no) sugar and reduced carb diet. Or in other words "deprivation diet." Although I do refuse to call it a diet. More like a change in eating habits. A few months ago, while in the middle of my nursing school semester, I did this and lost inches off of my waist and hips. It was a miracle! Especially since I did not do any workouts at all. Now I'm waking up at the crack of dawn (otherwise known as 5am) to workout 5 days a week. Most people would cringe and ask me "why?" but I actually have come to enjoy it. I like getting that time to myself. It is refreshing to get home, shower without any interruptions, then eat breakfast and have coffee in peace. Do a little reading/quiet time all before the kids wake up. I must say, I am becoming addicted to it. Good news is, I'm getting exercise!

I'm also starting to read more (non-school related) books. I like to feel somewhat normal. Right now I'm reading "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil." It is an odd book. But intriguing. When we visited Savannah, GA I just fell in love and wanted to read a book about it. This book definitely fits that bill, but provides a bit of quirky and surprising details that keep you interested. A good summer read.

Well, now off to swim lessons and laundry...

No comments:

Post a Comment